Sunday, July 6, 2008

Holy Hambly!



Another Design Team I recently applied for (which also received hundreds of applications!) is for Hambly Screenprints. I find myself often not using patterned paper on a lot of layouts and projects and my style is often called avante-garde. I feel like I can identify with their cutting edge style and almost "Haute-Couture" products. I made this wall hanging out of a gift I received a few years ago. It's just a simple wall sconce that was plain and you could probably find at your local Ross or TJ Maxx. I used the Hambly transparencies to back the petal shapes, and painted them green. The black middles are also transparency but I just left them plain. I then used their border rub-ons to enhance the votive holders.



Here is a Layout I made using one of their wall screen printed transparencies. I used Glimmer Mist alcohal sprays to give the Layout a graffiti look and then I doodled the title as well to add to it. I used lots of hambly rubons behind and on the front of the transparency to attempt to add some depth. It's not one of my best pieces of work, but I liked how it made me step outside of my box a little bit more than usual.




I hope you enjoyed another small entry today. Starting tomorrow I will probably be posting longer blogs, just due to it's a little less hectic around here during the weekdays. Thanks again for visiting! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment