Friday, July 4, 2008

First taste of Creative Fury

So, I recently applied for the Chatterbox Design Team. I looooove Chatterbox products and it was one of the first companies I became addicted to when I started to scrap. Right now I'm in the waiting stages to see if I make it to the next round of "auditions." We should hear any day now! And even though I doubt I'll make it (they had 437 applications for petes sakes!) I still have my fingers and toes crossed 24/7 and I keep hitting F5 on my keyboard to refresh their blog! At any rate, here is one of the projects I created for my application:

Isn't it pretty? I was quite tickled with myself. I used one of Chatterboxes new Artsy.licious lines out called Kohl and Alabaster. TOTALLY LOVE IT! It's gorgeous flocked and foiled/tinseled paper. Totally drool-worthy. I let my Quickutz Silhouette do most of the work cutting all the flowers. Then I inked, painted and blinged them up. I used styrofoam glue and Zots to stick the flowers to styrofoam balls I had painted black. I also noticed it is MUCH easier to start at the top of the ball and work your way around and down. I also used an old Chatterbox Stencil to trace onto paper, scan into photoshop then cut onto contact paper using the Silhouette. So easy! I'm thinking about making some more of these. Maybe I will take some pictures, and do my very first tutorial! WooHoo! Sounds like fun! Let me know if you like my topiary and would be interested in something like that. Have a Happy Fourth of July and BE SAFE!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is probably my favorite piece of yours to date... and your staging and photography display are ROCKING!!! STUNNING is all I have to say... now I have to go check out your music and your slide show!!!

Post a Comment