Thursday, March 21, 2013

Under Construction: New Studio, Update Two

Hi all!  As some of you know we are adding a new studio for me on the back patio.  In this post I showed where the concrete pad was poured.  Well, it's been a couple weeks and here is the progress! 

 This is the entry way.  There will be double french doors here. The back wall on the wall directly in front of the doorway will be where the majority of my existing white shelving will go.

 Here's where the window will be.  Matt (the husband) is going to build me a corner desk here so I have plenty room to work (aka make a giant mess). 
  The outside of the house where the above window will be.  It will give me great light during the day.  We decided to go with a peaked roof because it would have looked way too much like an addition if we did a flat roof.  This took some extra time and money but overall Matt and I are happy with it.

Right now we are at a slight standstill because Matt just got swamped with work, which is a good thing, because that's what pays for the addition!  Hahaha!  Next we have to install the window and doors and drywall!  We are thinking about doing stained concrete inside because I'm petty rough on the floors in my current studio.  (I kinda destroyed them... oops.  How was I supposed to know pads on the bottom of my chair came out and exposed nails were digging into the wood?)  Yeah, that's one positive thing about my marriage is that I'm really really good at breaking things and he's really good at fixing them.

Well, I'm off to try and super speed through the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge!  Tomorrow is the deadline and I was thinking I had another week!  OOPS AGAIN!  Happy crafting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment