Friday, March 22, 2013

Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge: Emma's Entry

When I got back from CHA this last time, Emma my oldest, wanted to watch all of the videos I took.  She instantly fell in love with all of the Tim Holtz videos I showed her.  She thought the techniques were, "so cool."  I gave her my copies of Tim's, "Compendium," and another older book of Tim's I had.  She carefully read through all of them and then she found Tim's app in the app store. (I reviewed Tim's app at Craft Test Dummies; check it out here!)  She started watching all of the videos and memorizing all of the product lists.  You might think that's crazy, but Emma has a memory that astounds everyone she meets.  For example, as I was working on my submission Halle, my youngest comes in and says, "What's that?"  Emma promptly responds, "That's tissue wrap, Halle.  It's Tim Holtz from his idea-ology."  I laughed out loud so hard!

Anyways!!!!  Even before I left for this last CHA Emma started her own little card shop that she sells to friends and family members.  When I mentioned the challenge last night to her she was upset I hadn't let her know earlier!  Luckily, we remembered she had just created a new, "Thank you," card for her store and had used the Tattered Floral die!  WooHoo! 

So here is Emma's official entry:



She used an embossing folder, some distress core'dinations and walnut stain distress ink.  (She's slowly collecting her own stash of Tim's supplies. Right now she's all about the distress markers.)

My crafty little kid impresses me so much; such a mini-me.  I love her so much!


I'll have my entry up in the next hour so stay tuned, crafters!

No comments:

Post a Comment