Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Love for Basic Grey & Knee Highs Collection



Oh, Basic Grey, how I love you... I can recite my favorite paper lines of yours like William Shakespeare sonnets... from Lily Kate and Romani to Origins and Picadilly; Eva and Offbeat or Lime Rickey and Scarlet's Letter...  I have adored Basic Grey since I walked into my first local scrapbook store.  At that time I was just starting to get into 12x12 scrapbooking and was pretty much only using DCWV stacks (*shudder*).  I remember purchasing Lily Kate and Romani papers for the first time and falling in love with the extremely versatile and gorgeous patterns.  The paper was thick and double-sided and I found myself buying doubles of everything.  I loved their their Wholy Cow rub-ons; talk about premium quality transfers.  And they had that signature font that everyone could instantly recognize and everyone loved.  And over the years they released fabulous tools like the rub-on tool, magnetic mat and chipboard file set.  I had to of course, have them all and ever since then it's just gotten better.


Needless to say, Basic Grey has always been a mainstay in my craft collecting and purchasing.  I look at their collections as being reliable in design and versatility.  I can honestly say I have more Basic Grey paper combined then any other company and even all of my other patterned paper combined.  Proof?  Here's my patterned paper shelves:






Basic Grey has three whole shelves dedicated to itself.  From loose paper and opened collection packs, to the embellishment sticker sheets and then the unopened collection packs I have.  Oh, and it doesn't stop there.  I have a *minor* chipboard hoarding issue:




Basic Grey has two of its own tubs on this shelf from strictly chipboard alpha sheets to chipboard sticker embellishments. When Basic Grey released their Chocolate lines I went a bit crazy.  Fabulous fonts in white, velvety chocolate brown and black.  And don't get me started on the chipboard albums.  I'm actually ashamed to say how many I have of those that have gone unfinished.  What can I say, though?  I absolutely love Basic Grey.  I know I will use them eventually.  Have I used this word before.... VERSATILE?  Yes, gonna use that one again to describe Basic Grey.




I've also hoarded their brads and buttons which again, I keep completely seperately from my other stash because even if I don't purchase one lines' specific color pallette, chances are I already have buttons from another line that will coordinate.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Ever since I started reporting for Craft Test Dummies and attending CHA's I've stopped past the Basic Grey booth to, "ooh," and, "ahh," at the new eye candy.  The last CHA in Anaheim this past January I named their new chipboard albums one of my top five products of the show!  Seriously love these things!  Go check them out!  I also had the absolute pleasure of meeting Shara from the Basic Grey team.  Shara was such a happy ray of sunshine to meet and so enthusiastic about the company. Some people can sometimes be *ahem* a tad cranky on the CHA floor; but SO not so with Shara.  She showed me all of the new products and patiently answered all of my questions.  I told her how much I was a fan of Basic Grey and she was kind enough to give me some product to play with! So, today over at Craft Test Dummies I am doing a product spotlight of their Knee Highs collection.  This is my personal favorite of the new releases.  It's bright and happy colors, rainbows, stripes and chevrons make my little scrappy heart so happy.  I urge you to go take a look and definitely check out all of the other amazing products at Basic Grey.  I will be doing spotlight's on all of the other releases from Basic Grey this season, so make sure to stay tuned to the blog and Craft Test Dummies!      








No comments:

Post a Comment