Monday, May 6, 2013

"Fashionably Fast" by May Flaum


 Do you sit and stew over a scrapbook page?  Does it sit on your desk for days, maybe even weeks?  You can't find the right patterned paper?  Maybe your embellishments just aren't working out?  Or you just HAVE to run to the scrapbook store to get that one thing that would make it right?  Ugh.  I've been there.  I've done that.  So when the fabulous May Flaum asked if I wanted to do a review of her book I was SUPER excited!  Let me tell you... this book is packed with invaluable knowledge for the beginner to the seasoned scrapbooker.  Check out my full review over at Craft Test Dummies!

I was fortunate enough to run into May on twitter a few years ago.  I had always been a big fan of her work over the years so I was super surprised when I even got a follow back from her.  Once we started chatting about our favorite, "Sex and the City," episodes and I instantly knew she was just as kind and hilarious as she was talented and creative.

I wanted to do one more layout in addition to the two I made for craft test dummies and decided to combine and re-use some of the tips May gave in her book.  Mostly, I scraplifted myself; I copied my Dalek layout and used it for a corresponding TARDIS layout from our trip to the Renaissance Festival.



I used Dylusions spray inks in London Blue to get that true TARDIS color and then some Ranger stickles in True Blue for the dotty border around the photos.  Everything else is Color Magic by Heidi Swapp!

Enjoy crafters! Please go check out May's book, "Fashionable Fast," with Big Picture Classes!  You won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

Post a Comment