Monday, March 7, 2011

Altered Picture Frame

Greetings, friends!!! Have you heard of the AMAZING Tammy Tutterow??? She's a Ranger certified educator and has worked with some of the top companies in crafting. She is seriously one super talented lady. A while back, Miss Tammy created an amazing altered picture frame. I was stuck on a project I've been working on and decided to take a deep breath and create something just for fun... Here's what I came up with.

You can double-click any of the photos to see them larger. :)


I covered it in paper from Tim Holtz's Vintage Shabby paper stash and using Claudine Hellmuth's Multi-medium. If you don't have any multi-medium, go and get some! it is some amazing stuff! Other than a few bits of foam mounting tape, I used multi-medium as my only adhesive in this project. Just a word of note though, don't get multi-medium ON TOP of your paper if you plan to distress ink it. Once the multi-medium is dry, it will not accept distress ink. You can see a few spots on my frame, but I think it adds to the vintage charm. I used "Picket Fence" crackle paint on the little fence, collaged some flowers, etc... I also alcohol inked the little birdie in the top right corner. I think he's taking that flower to his girlfriend, how about you? *wink*



I had a ton of fun crafting this together late one night. Thanks for the inspiration, Tammy! It was a great project that was easy to do with just a few of my favorite items.

Catch ya later dudes!

Sara

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very cool, Sara! Love that shabby paper, and the embellishments are just right!

Silver Daisies said...

What an adorable frame!

Post a Comment